Sunday, November 15, 2009

Movie Maker in the Classroom

For my multimedia project I chose to learn about windows movie maker. This tool can have many uses in the classroom. Students can dress up and role play to make a lesson more fun. It can be captured in video so that it can be paused and played back at the teacher's convenience to emphasize certain points. The video can also be shared with absent students and other classrooms or groups of students to collaborate. I decided I might want to use it with my kindergarten class on a nature walk. I would have the students or myself record interesting things we saw during our walk. Afterwords, back in the classroom, we would have a discussion about the things we saw. For example, in my video, there are clips of animals. This could be a good intro to learning about squirrels or ducks and seasons, etc. Take a look...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers